Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oxygen Protocols

Where I currently work we are looking to implement a better Oxygen protocol where the RT's are more involved/informed about major changes to a patients oxygen use, for example a patient is on 2L nasal cannula and is increased to a non re-breather mask we want to be informed.

So what I'm looking for is if anyone reading this could send me a basic idea of what your O2 protocols are your respective hospital or any ideas you could send my way.  I have used protocols at prior workplaces and some I like but just want to see what else is out there for use to improve our care and possibly decrease the length of time a patient might be on oxygen.


6 comments:

Deborah said...

Interesting post and thanks for sharing. A few things in here I have not consider before. Thanks for creating such a great post which is perfectly written. Keep Blogging!

Thanks,
Deborah of respiratory clinical

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lung Lover said...

A little late I guess, sorry I didn't comment earlier. In our hospital the policy is that if a patient is on 6 lpm or greater respiratory regularly assesses. As soon as they reach a liter flow >5 we are called in to consult.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info I'll take that into account.

jane sage said...

So how did things work out? Curious.

Anonymous said...

Cilt kremi cilt bakımınız için oldukça önemlidir. Güncel haberler sitesine göre hürrem sultan kremi cilt bakımınız için en uygun olan krem olabilir.