Saturday, May 24, 2008

Here's you card....Duhh


Ring Ring (RT Department Phone ringing)

Me: Respiratory Therapy, can I help you?

Nurse: I have a patient who wants to take his MDI, he has 2 in his med cabinet but only had orders for one of them but he wants the other, can I give it to him?

Me: What is the order for?

Nurse: Albuterol 2 puff, may take on own.

Me: What is the name of the other mdi medication he has?

Nurse: Ventolin.

Me: (Laughing to self) Ok Ventolin is albuterol, it's the a commercial name of albuterol.

Nurse: Really, I've never heard of it.

Me: Yea it's like how acetaminophen is the same a Tylenol, or ibuprofen is the same as Motrin only cheaper.

Nurse: Ok I got it, so which one can I give him?

Me: (Duh look no face) Which ever one he wants.


Someday people will understand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people just don't get it. In my experience it's usually psyche nurses.

Rick Frea said...

Very seldom does something in writing make mer "really" laugh, but this did. Great post.

Yo mama! said...

I love it when a patient tells you they are allergic to Albuterol and refuse to take it, but are more than happy to take their Proventil.

Uh, ok?